Tuesday, January 08, 2008

I was just thinking

My salary in Japan was about $32K a year. The student budget here for 9 months is $28K. Scarcely 3 months in, people have torn through the first $14K and are broke. This is a bad, bad sign. Meanwhile in Japan I managed to save from $500-1000 a month and it is supposedly so expensive. What was I missing? Apparently the UK- no wonder my British friend was in awe of how cheap Japan was. Granted my high-end apartment at a whopping $550 a month would probably be cheap anywhere- and the average of closer to $375- my god wouldn't that be heaven right now. I'd take $550.

However, I'd miss central heat- but you know law school in Japan would be fun, right? My classmates would love nomihodai- such a deal after roughly $7 per pint when you can get a nomihodai for 3 hours at 1000 yen, or sometimes a girly rate of 800 yen for 2 hours.

I miss Japan.

No comments: