Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Assisi

I had heard that Assisi was always packed with tourists, but when I went it was so dead it was creepy. It is another cute hill town with pretty city walls/fortifications and the basilica is amazing. I wish I could have photographed the frescoes inside because they were the best I've seen by far. I know the Sistine Chapel is more famous, but I preferred this. I think the town was especially creepy due to the Siesta hours. Most of the towns have them, but in the less touristy ones, there is absolutely no one outside from around 1-4.

St. Frances Basilica
Nativity Scene
Inside the basilica courtyard

View of the full basilica- so huge. I did not get to see nearly all of it. I wonder how many monks live in there?
Look, it snowed!

More Assisi Pics

No comments: